On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 8:37 PM, Ryan Pusztai <rpusztai@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am wondering if anyone has any experience using Orbit [1] and developing
> tests for the created web application? I am looking for some
> general strategy and hoping that it can be done easily. Thanks.

One thing I did with Orbiter was to have a 'test' mode where the app
would spit out the generated HTML, rather than serve it up.

The equivalent for Orbit would be to use wget to grab Orbit pages as
HTML and check that. Would certainly work as a regression test - i.e.
that a page continues to generate exactly the same code as before.

Orbit's htmlification mode is powerful but will output any tags,
spelled correctly or not. E.g. if you typed tabl {...} in a hurry you
would get <tabl ...> tags.  So some kind of HTML verifier would be
useful.

steve d.