On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Erik Hougaard <erik@hougaard.com> wrote:
> On 26-07-2011 2:00, Chris Gagnon wrote:
>>
>> I hope to find some people who know about Lua .NET and can unravel some
>> mysteries.
>>
>> I've used Lua extensively from C/C++, and would like to consider it for a
>> new C#/.Net project.
>> However I've run into issues and Google searches are failing me. :o(
>>
> Lua (at least 5.1.4) will compile as C++/CLI just by renaming the files to
> .cpp - as an unsafe assembly. But this gives you no .NET integration.
> LuaInterface (v2) uses this approach and gives you access to .NET Objects.
>
> http://luaforge.net/projects/luainterface/
>
> /Erik

C++/CLI also fails to give cross platform support.

For that you have to use old LuaInterface.

There is also https://github.com/jsimmons/LuaSharp which I wrote
aaaaggggeeess ago.

The high level bit is likely useless, but the low level P/Invoke layer
should be useful. I also put XML comments for the entire API (when I
was young and ambitious) so it's quite nice to use provided you're
happy using the Lua rather than a more idiomatic API.