Stefan Behnel wrote:
> This seems to be a problem with gcc. I'm using gcc 4.4.3 on Ubuntu.
> When I compile with -O2, it works. When I compile it using -O3, it
> crashes.

GCC -O3 seems to SIMDize and completely unroll that loop and trips
over the fake alignment (ouch). Ok, so I pushed a fix to LuaJIT
git HEAD. Thank you for the bug report!

That said, it's almost never a good idea to use -O3 since GCC 4.x.
This only adds instruction cache bloat here -- the above loop is
otherwise very short and used exactly once.

--Mike