On 7/21/2011 8:01 PM, Jason White wrote:
Better idea, use white-space to designate blocks, but put it after the
statement, not before. That way you can't see that pesky rubbish at
all.

Much cleaner.
Yes indeed, I a big fan of pythons white-space* blocking scheme !
Perhaps I should write my own port of lua to do just that ?

*Tabs are far superior to spaces

Lua isn't Python--and for every programmer who loves Python's significant whitespace, there is another who hates it. I'm one--I have managed to learn Visual Basic (6 and .Net), C, C++, C#, Delphi, Pascal, various assembly languages, Euphoria, Ruby, COBOL, FORTRAN, PL/1, and now Lua. Some of those languages are easier to use than others and my expertise varies, but I've never been able to wrap my mind around Python code--though from reading about it, Python seems to be a fine language.