Hi guys,

I'm asking here, as several people have created lua distributions with various precompiled libraries.

I've started collecting what my project is using as precompiled libs, and added different copyrights, licenses, etc, but I'm not sure whether I'm doing it correctly.

Also for some of the libs it's confusing to say which license is the valid one.

For example, I'm using gles-libs/dgles2 to get Desktop OpenGL ES2 and EGL on OSX (and other platforms).

Here is the site:
https://meego.gitorious.org/qemu-maemo/gles-libs

In the root tree there is a GPL file (the standard GPL 2, June 1991)
https://meego.gitorious.org/qemu-maemo/gles-libs/trees/master
https://meego.gitorious.org/qemu-maemo/gles-libs/trees/master/GPL

but actually I'm using subtree of the project:
https://meego.gitorious.org/qemu-maemo/gles-libs/trees/master/dgles2

In which the COPYING file
https://meego.gitorious.org/qemu-maemo/gles-libs/blobs/master/dgles2/COPYING

has nothing to do with the GPL file:
"Copyright (C) 2010  Nokia Corporation All Rights Reserved.

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a
copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"),
to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation
the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense,
and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the
Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included
in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS
OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.  IN NO EVENT SHALL
BRIAN PAUL BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN
CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE."

So how do you people deal with such stuff.

All I'm trying to do is provide precompiled things to ease my job, and possibly other people that like to work that way (e.g. embed the binaries and dlls into one place and move from machine to machine, rather than install-rinse-repeat cycle)

I've put all these COPYRIGHTS, and mine in
https://github.com/malkia/ufo/tree/master/doc/legal

Thanks,
Dimiter "malkia" Stanev,
LuaJIT enthusiast