If only this had existed a year ago, I wouldn't have spent much of the
last year implementing it all myself. :/

As cool as Mongrel/Mir are, I decided to go with the Nginx/ngx_lua
approach, though. Still not done with the client networking code, but I
don't need to do much at this point, since I'm just handling virtual
currency transactions and not doing real-time multiplayer.

The game engine also looks good, and when I get some free time I'll have
to check it out; if it's good enough I may try to marry it to the parts
that I like from my engine for my next game, which will have more
multiplayer communication needs. My current game [1] was written about
95% in Lua, but is pretty much done and stable at this point.

On further reflection, though, a lack of a Windows version (or other
desktop version) would be a pain. I specifically ported my library to
Windows to make development easier, faster, and generally better.
Especially with Lua development it's awesome to be able to go in and
edit a file and immediately reload it in the game without having to jump
through hoops to get a new build on the device. So you might want to
consider that port just as a development feature, even if no one
actually ever sells a Windows version of their game.

Tim

[1] https://market.android.com/details?id=com.quickcharge.hamster.free