If you'd like to speak at the Workshop, please state it here, giving a tentative
title and a short abstract.

Hello list,

sorry for being late in submitting this, but I couldn't follow the messages very closely lately.

As I mentioned some time ago, if you still have a free time slot, I could present

"IceLuva: a Lua-based framework for Magnetic Resonance Image reconstruction"

Following is a short abstract:
The reconstruction of images acquired with Magnetic Resonance involves many different manipulation steps, dealing with real and complex data. In this work, a brief overview of how a clinical MR scanner deals with data acquisition and image reconstruction will be given, introducing the tools that are generally available to the researcher for the customization of this process. Subsequently, the IceLuva framework is introduced.

This framework is designed for postprocessing of the (complex) images, a step that is usually performed on a separate computer with tools like matlab. IceLuva is implemented as a functor in the reconstruction pipeline of the scanner, including a Lua virtual machine and the appropriate bindings for retrieval and storage of images. Details of the integration will be given in the talk.

Finally, some custom extensions to the original Lua language, for basic image and complex data manipulation, are implemented in order to simplify common operations.

In the end, real-life examples of usage will be given and a performance comparison between Lua interpreter, LuaJIT and offline Matlab processing will be presented.

Francesco Santini