Sylvain Fabre wrote:
> In order to stay inline with the latest LUAJIT developement, i
> tested our application with LUAJIT2.0 beta8, and we are facing an
> issue (bug ?).
>
>    * luaproc makes extensive use of lua_yield/lua_resume when
>      exchanging messages thru channels.

LuaJIT beta7/beta8 switched to the external unwinder for yielding.
However the temporary exception struct was not thread-safe. This
has been fixed this in LuaJIT git HEAD. Thank you for the report!

[FYI: 'static __thread struct ...' in line 259 of lj_err.c.]

>    * When i activate the assert mode WITH the LUAJIT activated, i get
>      the following assert message :
>          o lj_api.c : 41 index2adre: Assertion 'idx != 0 && -idx <=
>            L->top - L->base' failed.

This means the C code in your application or in luaproc accesses a
bad stack index. You should definitely track this down, in case it
doesn't go away with the above fix.

--Mike