Don't you think you're enjoying nitpicking a little bit too much? An
attitude in the meaning of "If you can't say anything nice, don't say
anything at all" would reduce the noise greatly that such requests
produce in my mailbox. Plus, you're making a great target for trolls
this way. If I was one and stumbled accross such a mailing conversions
as this one, I could have quite some fun with you guys by writing one
or two lines to this list in the purpose of watching the possible

To get to the original question (not nitpicking the lack of supplying
a hint what SAS is, what environment is being used, which version is
meant and what the complexity and amount of the to-be-converted code
is and the small fact that Lua was misspelled...) - since SAS differs
from Lua by quite some means in syntax and API, you'd end up writing
either an interpreter that runs SAS in Lua or writing a converter that
is maybe more complex than the code you'd want to convert.

Cheers,
- Eike