Hi all!

As my knowledge of Lua gotchas or idioms increase, I find it more and more difficult to track it in a speedy way. So I had the insane :-) thought of a sort of "Annotated Lua Reference Manual".

If I were to begin annotate the reference manual, I would really like to avoid working on the html, so I wonder what's the format of its source (markdown? xml? ...?) and whether it is available somewhere (I suppose Lua authors don't write the manual as html).

Moreover, are there licensing issues on the manual or its sources? May I assume it is covered by the same license as Lua? Or by some type of Creative Commons license?

Any pointer appreciated!

Cheers.
-- Lorenzo