I am writing a handler for the Xavante web server, to handle AJAX requests. It seems like I'm not able to access any parameters from a POST request, only GET request ones sent through the URL. Here's what I have:

function create_ajax_handler(fn)
    return function(req, res)
        res.headers["Content-Type"] = "text/plain"

        res.content = fn(req)
        return res
    end
end

Inside the function I pass in (fn), req.params is nil. I've tried adding xavante.httpd.getparams(req), which works fine and populates req.params with URL params, but seems to totally ignore post data.