On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 10:46 AM, David Given <dg@cowlark.com> wrote:
> Well, for a start it would allow more complex parsers to be made easily
> from simple Lua patterns, which are much easier to write than lpeg
> parsers, such as...

Ah, I see - the results of lpeg.L are now available in other lpeg
contexts, etc. So alternation becomes '+' and so forth.

It would be nice to be able to say lpeg.L "(foo|bar)", however. '|'
becomes magic of course.

Certainly it would help those (such as myself) who are fluent in Lua
patterns but still struggle to express things in LPeg.

steve d.