On 06/15/2011 09:08 AM, Joseph Manning wrote:
On 2011-Jun-15 (Wed) at 09:43 (+0200), Marc Balmer wrote:

Am 15.06.2011 um 09:31 schrieb Joseph Manning:
On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 4:27 PM, Alexandre Erwin Ittner
<alexandre@ittner.com.br>  wrote:
A "label" keyword would be great too
+1
-1

We are the retail business and on cash register you have to print
labels all the time.  So the word 'label' by nature occurs quite
often in our software.  We would be not-so-amused if that became
a keyword...

Marc Balmer
The whole point here is to use a keyword.  That keyword does not need
to be the actual word "label".

Alternatives include
    "spot", "point", "place", "target", "location", "destination", ...

No doubt any choice could cause breakage for *some* existing programs,
but it's a matter of the best *overall* way forward for Lua users.

-1

"label" is very likely to have a pre-existing use in the application domain as would "point" (totally unacceptable, just about all 2D gfx and GUI APIs would be affected), "place", "target", "location" and "destination" (at the very least, anything that handled deliveries or other real-world location data)

If we must have a keyword instead of punctuation, how about something slightly awkward like "jumppoint" which is both clear in it's meaning (one of the other problems with "label" is it's a bit generic) and unlikely to be in use.

Scott