On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 11:08:03PM +0200, Pierre-Yves Gérardy wrote:
> For statements create local variable, and, if I've properly understood
> the discussion so far (I haven't tested the beta rc1 yet), gotos can't
> cross local declarations.

I think that is the crux.  Think of a label as the declaration
of a local variable.  You can `goto l1` if and only `l1` would
be in scope if you replaced `@l1:` by `local l1`.

Viewed this way, the suggestion of replacing the syntax `@l1`
by `label l1` makes a lot of sense.  The syntax highlighters can
make `label` obtrusively lurid, different from other keywords.

Dirk