On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Dirk Laurie <dpl@sun.ac.za> wrote:
> Haskell, which I find daunting) as staying compatible with Pandoc's
> extensions to markdown.

Yes, markdown is great, but the stock version lacks some useful
features like tables.

But still you need something to parse the doc comments and deduce some
stuff from the actual code. For instance, ldoc will deduce parameter
comments from this code:

------------
-- third function. Can also provide parameter comments inline,
-- provided they follow this pattern.
function mod1.third_function(
    alpha, -- correction A
    beta, -- correction B
    gamma -- factor C
    )
end

(Not my favourite style, but it may appeal to someone.)

I am looking for a more extensible Markdown implementation in Lua,
that's true. Wiki-style links to the rest of the documentation, etc.

steve d.