On 6/9/2011 12:36 AM, David Given wrote:
Alex Queiroz wrote:
[...]
      Shouldn't you be asking about which CPUs do *not* support IEEE 754?

In terms of which CPUs *don't*: x86 can be configured not to, but we all
know about those. Also, some embedded ARM devices have a stripped-down
maths library which doesn't do denorm numbers. (I got bitten by this the
hard way.)

Also relevant may be x86's 8087 and SSE2 options -- one may end up with slightly different answers. Even with IEEE 754, for transcendental functions, I think the answers will not always be precisely the same for all processors or implementations.

Users might bump into issues even with IEEE 754 compliance...

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)