[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: [ANN] tnetstrings.lua 1.0.0
- From: Gaspard Bucher <gaspard@...>
- Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 19:04:09 +0200
Hi Josh !
Just out of curiosity, why didn't you just use Msgpack ? It's very compact, fast to parse, supported by many platforms/languages... , and creating Lua bindings takes just a couple of lines of C .
On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 2:19 PM, Josh Simmons <email@example.com>
A library implementing tagged netstrings in Lua.
About Tagged Netstrings
TNetStrings stand for a "tagged netstrings" and are a modification of
Dan Bernstein's netstrings specification to allow for the same data
structures as JSON but in a format that meets these requirements:
* Trivial to parse in every language without making errors.
* Resistant to buffer overflows and other problems.
* Fast and low resource intensive.
* Makes no assumptions about string contents and can store binary data
without escaping or encoding them.
* Backward compatible with original netstrings.
* Transport agnostic, so it works with streams, messages, files,
anything that's 8-bit clean.
My implementation is available on github