On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:
> I'm interested in defining a lightweight library for mutable byte
> arrays.  I'm attaching a draft.

Sorry about coming late to this party, but if such a library could use
shared memory (which is implementable on both Unix and Windows) it
would be a particularly fast channel for inter-process data (assuming
something like pipes for the basic commands and synchronization)

I know with memory-mapped files on Windows that it can be a very
efficient strategy for random-file access as well.

steve d.