2011/6/2 Rob Kendrick <rjek@rjek.com>
On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 05:03:41PM +0800, Xavier Wang wrote:
> 2011/6/2 steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com>
>
> > On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Xavier Wang <weasley.wx@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Does LuaJIT planned to support load/dump bytecode? and When? I just can't
> > > find this in LuaJIT roadmap 2011
> >
> > Mike P does not regard it as an important priority.
> >
> > The question is: do your tests show that this phone is too slow to
> > load the Lua directly?

> maybe I need to have a try :) but, do you think it's appropriate to put
> plain script text in a game release?

Sure, why shouldn't it be?  If you're actually worried, through it
through something like LuaSrcDiet or one of the other source
compressors; their output is often smaller than luac's anyway.

luac is really only useful if you're running Lua where there is so
little space you can't include the compiler.  It does not solve any
obfuscation or script size problems at all.

B.

I have tried LuaSrcDiet, thats great, but can't solve my problem completely: It changed the code info e.g. line number, it makes debug difficult. .luac file will hold file information such as line number, variable name etc. but they are dropped by LuaSrcDiet.

are there any other way to solve this problem? thank you all the same.