On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 7:17 PM, Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:
* Lorenzo Donati:

> I'm wondering if there are any chances that LuaJIT FFI will ever
> become also a standalone module for stock Lua.

What about the other way round: add a C interpreter to LuaJIT and make
the FFI use libffi?  There's still a missing feature, though: C
structure layout is quite architecture-specific (especially for
bitfields), so you'd still need some code to cover that.

I also wondered about adding enough introspection to LuaJIT such that you could write a program to generate C bindings from a LuaJIT ffi binding. Not sure how much work would be involved.

Justin