On 01/06/2011 12:20, steve donovan wrote:
On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 11:16 AM, marbux<marbux@gmail.com>  wrote:
1. Assuming an app has integrated Lua and the standard libraries by
embedding and exporting program APIs to Lua, is there any method
whereby a script could load and use a module/library that is not
complied with the embedded Lua and standard libraries?

It works just as you expect, _if_ the program exports the Lua symbols.
For instance, SciTE is a classic embedded Lua program, and one can
pull in external libraries using require () no problem.

It works for me but I wonder if it just by chance. For example, if a script require()'s 'mylib' and mylib.dll was built with the dependency on lua5.1.dll, then how exporting Lua symbols by SciTE helps?

--
Shmuel