Didn't find anything in the reference manual that I could understand
as answering a couple of questions, so --

1. Assuming an app has integrated Lua and the standard libraries by
embedding and exporting program APIs to Lua, is there any method
whereby a script could load and use a module/library that is not
complied with the embedded Lua and standard libraries?

2. If so, how might this be done?

I'm wanting to experiment with this if it's something that can be done.

Best regards to all,

Paul