Everything at http://alioth.debian.org has been down for at least 6 hours.

> You're lying to yourself if you think that a disclaimer means
> that people won't use the benchmark to determine which languages
> are fastest.

After 5 or 6 years tracking people's comments about the benchmarks game, I've probably seen more than my share of misreading, misuse, and general foolishness :-)

otoh I see fewer sweeping generalizations based on 5 line fib programs than in the good olde days.

> And by deciding to exclude LuaJIT, you're deceiving the next
> generation of developers into thinking that Lua isn't a contender

In case you haven't noticed the Lua language is shown.

Your reasoning should apply to the many other language implementations that are not shown - unless your reasoning is just special pleading.