On 19 May 2011 10:02, Enrico Tassi <gareuselesinge@libero.it> wrote:

> Can you compare that with gcc-xml? (up to the obvious XML -
> JSON difference)

Absolutely, since I've used ctypeslib in the past, which is another
Python automatic FFI bindings generator that uses gccxml. The
functionality is roughly equivalent, but gccxml requires an entire
(patched) gcc to be installed. Since gccxml is strictly speaking a
patched C++ compiler, it's better for C++, but not necessarily for C.

In any case, ctypesgen{,-json} is pure Python with no library
dependencies, which I'm happier with as a requirement.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org