On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 7:31 AM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 12:21 PM, Dirk Laurie <dpl@sun.ac.za> wrote:
>> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 10:44:06PM +0200, Hisham wrote:
>>> installing luarocks is non trivial
>
> To be fair, Hisham would never say that;)  (He does Linux
> distributions as a hobby)
>
>  But Emmanuel did say that, which is a common perception. Perhaps it
> comes from the days when there were more sharp edges. but most stuff
> just works these days.

To be clear I use the luarocks myself and I find it awesome. In my
arch system luarocks works like a charm. I usually install my rocks
---local because I find it nice to have all the rocks local to my
system's user.

I'll definitely provide the lib. a luarock (I never made one so far
but it looks quite simple to accomplish).

But you know there are a lot of people there that are afraid to
install a "foreign" packet manager, and more so for a language they
don't know well. They rather download a package, and run "make
install".

I was just wondering how do you guys usually bundle lua software
_when_ you do not use luarocks. If the answer is luarocks or nothing,
that's ok, just being curious here.

EmmanuelOga.com - Software Developer