On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 4:27 AM, Henk Boom <henk@henk.ca> wrote:
> On 13 May 2011 03:05, Emmanuel Oga <emmanueloga@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I made a tool which kind of mixes the functionality of tree and grep
>> together. You can check it out at:
>>
>> https://github.com/EmmanuelOga/mwalker
>>
>> The idea is to (somehow) use this inside vim to mimic the command-T
>> key of textmate users. I still need to find out how to write such vim
>> plugin.
>
> Have you tried http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3025 ;)
>
>    henk

I have. I was trying to use it when a good day it stopped picking up
files, and it is not very useful to have it open files _sometimes_. I
tried to debug it but I encountered this:

https://github.com/wincent/Command-T/tree/master/ruby/command-t

I'm fluent in ruby but I'm baffled by the size of the project for
something as easy as walk files on your system.

So I went ahead and implemented that little command line utility. I
think it is better to isolate the core file filtering from the vim
plugin. I might be able to use vim's lua interface to code the plugin,
but maybe it will be better to use plain old vimscript and call the
external utility. Not sure yet.

EmmanuelOga.com - Software Developer