On 21 February 2011 10:48, Philippe Lhoste <PhiLho@gmx.net> wrote:
> Happy birthday!
> I have learned a lot (mostly on computer science...) in this list: sometime
> (often?) stuff goes over my head, but overall, some of the science of the
> participants infused into me (particularly on the functional programming
> side, which I didn't know at the time).
> Many thanks for the high quality exchanges here.
> Sometime it is heating up a bit, but overall courtesy wins. :-)
>
> --
> Philippe Lhoste

I will echo Phillippe’s sentiments here- I have learned many computer-science concepts here (with the help of Wikipedia). I’d like to acknowledge some of my favourite contributors:

David Manura: has the gift of being able to think things right through to their logical end.

Mike Pall: answers pretty much every LuaJIT query and doesn’t mind going into very interesting detail sometimes.

Steve Donovan: