Hi list,

I am frequently writing docs that discuss differences and similarities between the original Lua and LuaJIT.

People like calling the original, 'vanilla' and all kinds of tender names. Trying to write neutral stuff, I keep falling back to talk about "Lua" and "LuaJIT", which technically makes no sense but intuitively seems to be the least confusing and bloated way to make the distinction.

Maybe it's time for the makers to choose a name, even if it should hurt? Or are "Lua" and "LuaJIT" fair labels, given how LuaJIT keeps moving away from the original?

I am opting for PUC Lua, which is in all Copyright tags, but still not immediately clear to everyone.

Best,
Henning