I am already successfully running LuaJIT under visual studio 2010 :)

The reason I wanted to compile LuaJIT under gcc is that I would like
to dynamically link to a C library which does not compile under visual
studio (but would under cygwin).

Sorry for not pointing this out in the original question.

KR