Hello All,

I've been playing around with the new ffi stuff in LuaJIT2 (very cool). This is going pretty well for the most part, but I'm having some trouble with a couple of cases. I'm fairly new to Lua, so forgive my ignorance when it comes to type conversion between Lua and C. I'm having some trouble with the following items:

typedef void my_ctx_t;

bool my_init(my_ctx_t **ctx);

bool my_get_string(my_ctx_t *ctx, char **str);

void my_term(my_ctx_t *ctx);

1. I can't figure out exactly how to handle "my_ctx_t". I have been fiddling around with this and I guess I'm missing something basic in understanding how to go from the "my_ctx_t **" in the init function to the "my_ctx_t *" in the other functions.

2. I am also having the same issue with the "char **" in the "my_get_string" function and how to turn that into a Lua string.

I guess I'm basically having issues figuring out how to handle function args that set a value, or more specifically, the <type>** case. I would really appreciate a nudge in the right direction on this.

Thanks for your time,
-G