On 8 April 2011 08:21, Vasiliy G Tolstov <v.tolstov@selfip.ru> wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 15:56 +0100, Matthew Wild wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We are very pleased to announce the release of Prosody 0.8.0! Many thanks
>> to the many people who made this release possible.
>>
>> --
>
> Thank's! Very interesting project. Can You answer me - now i'm using
> jabberd2 xmpp server, if i change it to prosody - resource usage by
> jabber server has been grown or not?

I've never benchmarked against jabberd2. The last time I personally
used jabberd2 it was known to have a memory leak, so I don't really
have any experience to go on either. I left it primarily because it
didn't have the features I wanted, or the hope of getting them in the
near future.

In general though Prosody has very nice resource usage. I like to
think things like string interning gives us an advantage over other
servers. The only sore point we've had has been with OpenSSL (and
partly LuaSec/LuaSocket's static per-connection buffers). With OpenSSL
1.0.0 and LuaSec 0.4.1 you should see something along the lower lines
here: http://ayena.de/files/prosody_memory-0.8rc1.png (the patches in
what is labeled "our LuaSec" are now in LuaSec 0.4.1).

> If i use pyict-t transport, does it work with prosody?

Yes, though from what I know of pyicq-t you may want to consider
moving to http://spectrum.im/ . My attempts at binding libpurple to
Lua failed spectacularly :)

Regards,
Matthew