On Apr 5, 2011, at 10:19 PM, Sam Roberts wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 11:28 AM, C++ RTMP Server <crtmpserver@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Apr 5, 2011, at 9:05 PM, Sam Roberts wrote:
>>> You're getting some kick-back because the only allocator you should be
>>> able to beat by using an your own
>>> custom allocator that took you less than a week to write is such a bad
>
>> Actually, 4 hours.
>
> So, your system allocator is so bad you beat it in 4 hours...
Nicely put :)
But really, it boils down to simple math: fewer operations per alloc/free request. I just pre-allocate, create a linked list, and serve from it. brain-dead simple. needless to say, I wouldn't use it in production unless I refine it. And obviously, is far from being called "memory allocator" Is a simple cache

> There was a good list of alternate allocator libraries posted in this
> thread, you might want to drop one of them in and see if they are
> faster than both your system allocator and your memory pool.
I will, for sure.

> Cheers,
> Sam

------