>> I'm afraid I may be "giving away the joke" if I'm right
>
> I don't think it's a joke.
>
>> I'm sure no offense was intended to anyone either.
>
> No offense taken either. My question was legit curiosity.

As far as I can tell Henning's intention was somewhere between Hisham's
interpretation and yours, in a "Ha ha only serious" [1] kind of way.

More on topic, thanks Henning for an interesting and thought provoking
library. Even if all it does is invoke a further "API abuse pros/cons"
thread, I think something good can come from it, namely better
performance through API improvements.

 - Peter Odding

[1] http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/H/ha-ha-only-serious.html