On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
<lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>> d'Arc is a sub API that reaches below the official Lua API to get to the
>> quick faster.
>
> Do you have hard data on how much faster d'Arc is?
> Could you please show us some sample code where using it makes a difference?
> Thanks.

I'm afraid I may be "giving away the joke" if I'm right, but given
Henning's hurry to get it released on that specific date (which is
unusually stated explicitly in the copyright notice ;) ) and the
website description, I think this project was released more as a
light-hearted commentary on the issue of whether it's really that bad
to get below the official Lua API. I don't think its goal is to
actively encourage people to ditch the API, and I'm sure no offense
was intended to anyone either. I, for one, appreciated the hacker
sense of humor of giving a reply to the matter through code. :-)

Henning, rest assured that while I do find these sub-API leanings
somewhat heretic, I think we've seen stranger things in this list and
nobody was burned for that :-) (...yet ;-) )

-- Hisham