I've just spent a while cleaning up a few Lua-users wiki pages. In
particular, I removed some obsolete code.

I suggest that the Wiki is not a good place to keep code intended to
be used (i.e. anything other than illustrative/didactic snippets): it
rots. Instead, link to it. You can link directly (as I do), e.g. into
version control system pretty-printed viewing pages.

John Belmonte remarks on the wiki that one of the great things about
Wikis is that they forget. This is true, but unfortunately it requires
work.

The Lua-users wiki is a great resource (and much more impressive than
the last time I spent a while browsing around, a few years ago), but
like any such manually-edited resource it's in danger of turning into
a graveyard if it's not maintained. There's a lot of great up-to-date
content there, but as the site grows, so does the maintenance burden.

So, if you do have code there, consider turning it into links or
removing it, and if you have out-of-date material, ditto.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org