On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 03:44:31PM +0200, Philippe Lhoste wrote:
<snip>
> So, it is correct to say that KDE is desktop environment using Qt as widget
> toolkit, or am I all wrong again? :-)
>
> (It is vaguely Lua related as we have both GTK+ and Qt bindings... ^_^')

Indeed.

KDE (The K Desktop Environment, though I'm not sure they use that
full name much, if at all, anymore) is a desktop enviroment whose native
widgeting toolkit is Qt.

Similarly, GNOME (1 and 2) is a desktop environment whose native widgeting
toolkit is GTK+. (GNOME 3 has a different idea of what "native" means last
I looked.)

The primary (default) window manager in KDE is kwin. The primary (default)
window manager in GNOME is metacity. Though they both allow you to slot in
your wm of choice as well (at least currently).

    -Etan