On 28/03/2011 20:11, Etan Reisner wrote:
<nitpicker's corner>
Neither GTK+ nor KDE are window managers.

GTK+ is a widget toolkit and KDE is a desktop environment.

Using "KDE" to indicate a wm is somewhat of a meaningful statement at
least since it does include a default wm, but using "GTK+" to do so is
not.
</nitpicker's corner>

Yes, it shows I am not a Linux user (although I use GTK+ on Windows, via Gimp for example, and KDE via Qt applications like qbzr or at work with Perforce GUI). Thanks for correcting me and sorry for using the wrong terminology (I am often a nitpicker too).

So, it is correct to say that KDE is desktop environment using Qt as widget toolkit, or am I all wrong again? :-)

(It is vaguely Lua related as we have both GTK+ and Qt bindings... ^_^')

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France