On Mon, 2011-03-28 at 09:24 -0400, Vadim Peretokin wrote:
>         The best argument I can find is that XML is increasingly used
>         as a
>         general configuration file format, and so needs support.

> That seems reasonable, and the line should just be drawn there. No
> manipulation, just saving & loading of the data.

> If manipulation and advanced techniques would be asked for, then
> perhaps it might mean that other libraries aren't good enough to deal
> with, and that should be fixed within them.

Not even a minimalist XPath? :( The need to look up some items in the
XML is quite common. If there was a Penlight XML module, I would like to
have at least a 'getElementsByTagName' equivalent, rather than having to
implement this by hand. Being able to specify some conditions on the
attributes would be even better.