On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Wesley Smith <wesley.hoke@gmail.com> wrote:
> Might there be a way to go native via bindings and a lua module?  I haven't looked at it, but if there are hooks in the right places, I presume one could divert flow to native functions.

Totally possible - the TextAdept executable exports all the Lua
symbols, so one could write a little extension and link against it.

I just thought it would be a nice thing to have in the core, but it's
not difficult to monkey-patch the Lua code for this task.

Although I have my doubts about it being my next, best editor, it
certainly is fun to play with and does have nice documentation.  I've
just done an interactive Lua prompt, pretty straightforward.

steve d.