From: lua-l-bounces@lists.lua.org [mailto:lua-l-bounces@lists.lua.org] On Behalf Of Sharif H. Khan
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 6:29 PM
To: Lua mailing list
Subject: Re: Lua IDE?

I just joined the list so I'm not sure if OP looked at eclipse plugins for Lua.  I'm looking into this right now.  My reason for NOT using Idea plugin is that the community version is not allowed for commercial development. At a minimum I need to spend 250 for 600 dollars to use this plugin ( source: http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/buy/license-matrix.jsp )

On a non-IDE level, I've looked at several text editors (e, Sublime Text 2, Notepad++, etc) and some of them really do a good job but I don't think this is a model I can work without getting a good debugger.  I've looked at Dedoca (50 to 400 dollars ) and a few other beta IDE products build from scratch and am hesitant to go this route due to the sheer number of functionality I'll get out of the box with eclipse.

For me it seems taking eclipse and a few of the available plugins and changing what's necessary, fix a few bugs, to be the optimal route.  I'm new to Lua so please feel free to recommendation any IDE I can extend to include my own API's for code completion etc, and a visual debugging (if possible).

Thanks,

Sharif