On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 11:01 AM, lordix arix <lordix@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do we plan to support bytecode in luajit or never? IMO, don't support
> it will make luajit cannot use some module such as IUP or metalua etc

Well, the IUP problem is a matter of repackaging, but metalua does
generate Lua 5.1 bytecodes.

The trouble is, there is no such thing as standard Lua bytecode, so
metalua does not work directly with Lua 5.2 either.

(As I understand, metalua generates bytecodes primarily because there
is no way to code 'goto' and line number information in plain Lua
source. If there was a way, then it could emit Lua source directly)

It is not one of Mike's priorities - he has his hands full porting
LuaJIT to things like ARM , which arguably is a much more important
use of his time.

So it's an opportunity for some clever person to provide the functionality ;)

steve d.