Hi Dirk,

Am 2011-03-17 22:06, schrieb Dirk Feytons:
FWIW: I've had good success with a slightly modified LuaDoc on our C
binding code that had LuaDoc-style comments wrapped in C comment
blocks.
This is (ab)using the fact that LuaDoc takes a naive approach at
extracting the documentation: it simply searches for the marker
indicating the start of documentation and ignores all the rest.

Ah, thanks for pointing this out!
All the -- comments would also create a nice clear visual separation between Lua-related documentation and possibly unrelated C++ documentation. We considered a similar approach using custom Doxygen tags, but then decided against it mostly in order to keep the C++ and the Lua documentation entirely separate.

Best regards,
Carsten

--
   Cafu - the open-source Game and Graphics Engine
for multiplayer, cross-platform, real-time 3D Action