On 3/18/11, Alex Queiroz <asandroq@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 10:06 PM, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Hi, list! :-)
>>
>> This is bordering on offtopic, but I will post anyway :-)
>>
>> "Someone on the internet" (c) claims that this code snippet proves
>> that iOS 4.3 is now JIT-friendly:
>>

>      I wouldn't be surprised, one of the new features of iOS 4.3 is a
> new JIT for their Javascript interpreter.

Thanks for the news.

mprotect is also used by all the BridgeSupport language bindings I
know of (e.g. PyObjC, RubyCocoa, JSCocoa, LuaCocoa) for things like
subclassing. Maybe we're getting lucky and this is an byproduct of a
first step at introducing full blown BridgeSupport on iOS. (Apple
already officially supports PyObjC and RubyCocoa/MacRuby on Mac.)

-Eric
--
Beginning iPhone Games Development
http://playcontrol.net/iphonegamebook/