Alex Queiroz wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 10:06 PM, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:
> > "Someone on the internet" (c) claims that this code snippet proves
> > that iOS 4.3 is now JIT-friendly:
>
>      I wouldn't be surprised, one of the new features of iOS 4.3 is a
> new JIT for their Javascript interpreter. It would be difficult for
> them to keep mprotect() restricted for third-party apps.

Actually, restricting mprotect() to certain processes should be
rather easy. Maybe they forgot ...

Anyway, it depends on their review process whether this is any
helpful. Good luck making a deal with a capricious dictator.

In other news: LuaJIT compiles on Android.
[It doesn't run yet, since the ARM port isn't finished.]

--Mike