Hello. I'm new with lua language, but very empressive, that lua can use
C functions.
I want to use lua scripts to configure database servers for various
linux distributions (i do not want to hardcore config file locations and
another stuff, but determine it in lua script, to allow users not only
specify location of config file , bu can be possible to rewrite lua
script..)

Does this good using lua language? What is the best - write
corresponding functions in C and call it from lua to chech results and
send responses, or use only lua for this?
P.S. I want use minimal external dependencies in C and lua, for this i
do not want to use external lua libs for sockets and other things.

--
Vasiliy G Tolstov <v.tolstov@selfip.ru>
Selfip.Ru