On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 11:57 AM, agentzh <agentzh@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a known issue. Same here with RHEL 5.4. The short story is
> that the gcc 4.1.2 and 4.4.0 shipped with RHEL 5.4 are just too old.

Just a quick note: for enterprise production environments in big
companies, it's quite hard to upgrade the OS to a very new version.
For example, in our company, it'll take a quite long time to upgrade
to, say, RHEL 6. We'll look into compiling luajit2.0 using another C
compiler like ICC (Intel C Compiler) to work-around this.

FWIW, LLVM Clang won't link luajit2.0 in RHEL 5.4 because the C
headers shipped with gcc 4.1 is not friendly with Clang while Clang
uses them.

Cheers,
-agentzh