On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Siddon Tang <siddontang@gmail.com> wrote:

> I use the latest luajit2 from the git repository.
> And when I use the test in the windows and linux 32, it returns an error.
> But when I use the test in the linux 64, crash.....
> The linux 64 release version is  Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4
> (Tikanga) x86_64

This is a known issue. Same here with RHEL 5.4. The short story is
that the gcc 4.1.2 and 4.4.0 shipped with RHEL 5.4 are just too old.

Here's the reply from Mike Pall, the author of LuaJIT:

    I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce this with the GCC I have here:
     gcc (Ubuntu 4.4.3-4ubuntu5) 4.4.3

    It looks like this is either a GCC bug with unwind frame
    generation or a problem with the exception handling in the libgcc
    shipped with your system. I suggest to look for related bug
    reports in the vendors database.

    Or better yet: upgrade to a modern distribution. :-)

    agentzh wrote:
    > Just FYI, we've just tried gcc 4.4.0 shipped with REHL 5.4, still the
    > same error.

    In this case I suspect the problem is with the installed
    libgcc.so on your system.

    Caveat: replacing this library may screw up the whole OS!
    Use LD_LIBRARY_PATH for testing.

    > I wonder if you have the tuits to track down the minimal version of
    > gcc that works? Or will you try out an older version of gcc on your
    > side?

    I had no problems with GCC 4.x on earlier Debian or Ubuntu
    installations. The x64 port even worked with GCC 3.4 at one time.

    Sorry, but I'm not going to install Red Hat to debug their
    libraries.

    -- Mike

Cheers,
-agentzh