On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Sam Roberts <vieuxtech@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 9:23 AM, Chris Gagnon <cgagnon@zindagigames.com> wrote:
>> store a pointer to your environment in the registry
>
> How does this even work, there are many environments and only one registry.
> I would not know which one was used by the calling code.

It sounded like your env is specific to a function? Use a
lightuserdata of the function pointer as the registry key to
store/lookup the env in the registry.

Cheers,
Sam

There are many environment tables (a sandbox for each script, which may have many functions) and one globally registered utility function in c.
In the globally registered utility function i need the environment to get at the ID.
I don't have any data to look up the environment with.

-Chris