Not so much a "library" but a complete development environment for embedded
user interfaces, you might want to take a look at Crank Storyboard

http://www.cranksoftware.com/storyboard

It uses standard images and fonts and control surfaces instead of 'widgets'
and then uses Lua for all of the system logic and connection glue among
elements.

Thomas ... disclaimer: I work for Crank Software =;-)