Henk Boom wrote:
> Hi, I just tried compiling LuaJIT2, turning on debugging symbols as
> well as asserts and valgrind support in the Makefile. I haven't
> managed to get it to work reliably yet, and I feel like I must be
> doing something wrong to hit problems so quickly in a program that
> many people are using without problem.
>
> The quick summary is that it seems to work when run in valgrind, but
> not outside. I am using Ubuntu 10.04 on an x84_64 intel processor, and
> get the same results with beta5, which is the only other version I
> have installed.

This is the exact same configuration as my developer box. I would
be _very_ surprised if it crashes on something basic as Fibonacci.

I just tried your variant of the code with both beta6 and git HEAD.
But I cannot reproduce a crash, no matter how hard I try.

> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x00000000394cffed in ?? ()
> #1  0x0000000040000f18 in ?? ()
> #2  0x000000000041f9e0 in lj_vm_hotcall ()
> #3  0x000000000040c2aa in lua_pcall (L=0x40000378,

Something is wrong with the debug info or the call frames. This is
not a plausible stack trace (for various reasons). You could try
to enable -DLUAJIT_USE_GDBJIT, to see if the unknown frames are
part of the generated code (but then it can't originate from
lj_vm_hotcall ...).

Some random idea: maybe you forgot to run 'make clean' after
changing the flags in the Makefile?

--Mike